Please note that our office typically does not respond to phone calls or emails general in nature after-hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
Emergency repairs can be organised directly by the tenant if the repair is deemed an emergency repair on the Residential Tenancy Authority (RTA) list below and the tenant follows the procedure below:
Please note: that all repairs must be reported to your Property Manager in writing (Email &/ Text) with general repairs attended to during business hours. Please include your name, address, and the nature of the repair/s.
The Residential Tenancy Authority (RTA) Act States Emergency Repairs Are:
- A burst water service or a serious water service leak
- A blocked or broken toilet
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm, fire or impact damage
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- A failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the property for hot water, cooking or heating
- A fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure
- A fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a tenant
- A serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the property that unduly inconveniences a tenant in gaining access to, or using, the property.
Please Note: All other repairs are considered routine repairs and attended to during business hours.
Emergency Repairs Procedure
Try calling, texting and emailing your Property Manager including your name, address, and the nature of the emergency repair/s. If your property manager hasn’t responded within 30 minutes, please proceed to Step 2.
Make sure your emergency repair is listed by the Residential Tenancies Act (refer to list above) because:
- ‘A’ our preferred contractors will not attend if they don’t deem the repair to be an emergency and;
- ‘B’ if you order repairs that are not classified emergency repairs without approval from your Property Manager in writing your lessor (the property owner) will not cover the costs of these repairs.
Contact our preferred emergency / after-hours contractors:
Electrical, Plumbing and Roofing Emergencies: Oceanside Services – 1300 998 257
Locksmith: North (service all areas) Brisbane Locksmiths – 0419 645 988 (Note Lockouts
If you can’t contact our nominated contractors, you can contact a suitably qualified repairer to carry out emergency repairs to a maximum value of two weeks’ rent.
Notify us in writing of the emergency repairs as soon as possible.
Please provide us with a tax invoice from your repairer within 7 days. (Our nominated contractors will invoice us directly)
Queensland Government Emergency Info and Contacts:
Bluestone Property Management & Sales is the real estate agent that savvy Investors use when renting out their rental property/properties in Brisbane Queensland (QLD). Why because Bluestone’s Property Managers maximize the rental yield and minimize the stress involved in managing their units, apartments, townhouse and houses. Additionally, Bluestones Property Management Fees (commission charges) provide excellent value for money, so if things aren’t stacking up with your current agency give the Team at Bluestone a call.